June 05, 2007

There's a list in my head.

This has been swirling around my head for the last few days. Moving and unpacking apparently makes me even more list - brained than normal.

Things I want/need:
~ A pretty curtain rod. I brought the curtains, but was too lazy to take down the rod, when I moved.
~A really good road map/gps.
~ Milk. How have I survived without a gallon of milk?
~ A fairly strong plant/wall hook thing-a-ma-bob. I want to hang my Morroccan lamp. Did I spell that correctly?
~ Some sort of container to keep all the random tool-like things in.
~ Toilet paper. I thought I packed it, but as of yesterday I still haven't found it.
~ A shelf or two for the omg small bathroom.
~ A wall clock
~ A mirror and/or art for the walls
~ Something pretty to cover the breaker box. I'm thinking one of those pretty Middle Eastern tapestries.
~ More book shelves. I'm overflowing....still.....again...
~ A phone book
~ Directions to a nearby (my apt) Target....mall.....anything else wonderful and not part of the evil empire that is Wal-mart.

Things I have:
! An apartment that is only mine. Noone else has lived in it.
! Lots of food stuffs. My shopping trip won't be too huge.
! Knowledge of the locations of the nearest Curves, Sprouts, Albertson's, and WellsFargo.
! More napkins then I'll probably ever need.
! Movies to watch while I'm unpacking and nesting.
! Access to a pool/hottub after the packing is done...or whenever really.
! Plans to start belly dancing again.
! A lovey kitty who will soon be traumatized, again, as I shove him in the car to go to our apt.
! Enough google maps to get me most places.
! An uncanny ability to get lost in the right directions....so, I'm totally findable

2 comments:

Linus said...

Congratulations! I know the joy of a new place of your own.

Of course, as I say that, I'm moving back into a communal situation again... I guess that says something about me.

Mandyfish said...

I can't quite grasp the idea of my living in any type of communal situation. Even offers of one roommate had me on edge. I think that it is an unwind thing for me. I have to have somewhere that is just mine to counteract all the social I crave.

Or...

I just don't share well.