June 13, 2007

Mushy Brain Syndrome

I battle this horrible disease almost every summer, though it seems to be worse now that I'm no longer taking summer session college courses. My brain goes soft and sleepy. Higher level intelligent conversations and thought processes seem to disappear over night.

I've already started devouring books. Fiction books, my safe mental haven, are just teasing and tempting me. I'm craving non-fiction...research...anything to turn my brain on again.

I want to get my hands on the new book about Einstein.

Today I took steps towards waking my brain up. I went for a jog/walk. My brain always works better when I've been physically active. I wandered the web news sites while I had a strong internet connection. I didn't give in to the urge to nap when the afternoon became long. I also rediscovered my digital camera. I think I'm going to start taking pictures again. It's a great way to discover the places/people around me and it's interesting.

0 comments: