December 19, 2006

And now for a distraction...

There is an odd, rhythmic, booming sound happening outside. Wait, no....it starts with I was cold. Lots of cold...big body shaking shivers. No clue really as to why. But, after putting on massive amounts of warm things and talking to Teel until I was yawning more than talking...silly me thought sleep might be almost immediate. Nope. Large boomy sounds invaded my world. So, of course the cat and I had to go investigate. Umm...actually he just hid under the chair while I pulled on slippers and put my hoodie back on. He's such a mama's boy...no sense of protector in him. Boom. No clue. Sound still going. Now I'm almost cold again. No shivers yet...so back to bed before they start. I wish I could turn off my ears. Actually, seeing that typed...no I don't. I know I'm loosing my hearing. I'm not ok with it. In fact, it scares me greatly. No more complaining about boomy sounds. To bed..with ears that are functioning.


**Edit**

The noise... it eventually became white noise. I believe I was finally unable to hear it around 3 am. Deep sleep may have taken over. Or...the noise stopped then.

0 comments: