August 19, 2006

Hop-a-long

In case you didn't know, I don't readily advertise when I'm actually hurt. Yes, I will share, poke at, and extoll the virtues of kinky bruises. Yes, I will whine, pout, and generally be a baby when I have a cold/flu/allergies. Actual, non-consentual, non-planned pain is a different story.

On Thursday, gravity and I had a bit of a tiff. Gravity won. I suppose running down the hall at breakneck speed, in kitten heels, probably wasn't the best plan. I did get out of one class period though and had an adventure in the local ER. In the end, I'm nursing a badly bruised "extreme sprain" and a delay in wearing the cute new shoes I have.
Only mine are in black.

So, if I don't advertise real owwies...why am I blogging this? I got tired of telling people one at a time.....and I wanted to whine about not being able to wear my new shoes.

12 comments:

M.Matthew said...

Damm Gravity! Damm It! All smug...oh no, it says smugly, all the other forces just get along fine but screw you Stephen Halking! I'm not joining in any "Grand Unifcation Theory". Smug Bastard!

M.Matthew said...

Perhaps there was a slight use of the word smug in my previous statement...my apoligizes to the other basic forces of nature...and the fine people at the Oxford English Dictionary.

M.Matthew said...

*groan* and prehaps I forgot to add the word "overuse" in the first sentence of THAT previous statement...grrr

Mandy said...

*laughs* Long night, MM?

M.Matthew said...

Could you tell? How is your Owwie anyway?

~ the hilzy one ~ said...

WoW. My sir had a bad night didnt he! *laughs*

Clayton said...

there should be accident cards that one can hand out when one is stuck in a cast.
"What happened?"
peron in cast hands an explanation card to the questioner, and limps on

~ the hilzy one ~ said...

*hands clayton an extra letter 's' she found lying around*

Mandy said...

lol Clay....I'm not in a cast...just a wrapped bandage.


And the bruising is lightening up...but it still hurts like hell.

Laurel said...

ohhh what a cute shoe -a peekaboo wedge! adorable!

ya need to borrow a walking cast or gelcast? use your ice and try to stay off it...

kia said...

i soooo sowwwy sunshine.

~ the hilzy one ~ said...

are you better yet????

huh?
huh?