July 12, 2006

Sugar Punk and Bobby Socks

Curves music isn't the greatest, but generally it is palatable. It's not quite Muzak...but often it is fairly close. I'm sure it has something to do with copyrights or somesuch; most songs are performed by artists other than the originals. In many cases the songs are sped up to match the dance beat behind it. We have a new series of cd's at the club. They span from the 50's to the 90's; country to punk.

Several of the ladies have threatened to take me karaoke-ing. I spend much of my "trainer" time singing/dancing along with the songs. Sometimes I even manage to bully others into singing with me. Usually with the 50's songs. All of the older ladies find it highly entertaining that I know all their songs. Elvis Presley, Ritchie Valenz, Buddy Holly...I love them!

I can't quite process the pseudo punk cd though. It hurts. I feel old. They've taken the best 80's, one-hit-wonder, not-quite-punk-but-not-quite-pop songs and have smoothed them out, cleaned them up, softened them. Sugar coating....ick.

I am not old enough to have my favorite songs on Muzak!

0 comments: